Lace was originally used in both men and women’s clothing, and was actually most common in the military’s clothing. However, the process of actual lace making was typically reserved for women. In the 18th century, the Catholic church (via nuns) actually taught younger and unmarried women how to stitch lace to give them an opportunity to make money that would keep them safe since prostitution then (like today) was associated with higher mortality rates.
- Taking pictures when you own a cat: https://t.co/1u11n2NSKU 13 hours ago
- @charlieo_conn He obviously was trying to appeal to Allison 1 day ago
- Picture this: a draft prospect is able to hit a button if they want to attempt to pass on being picked by a team, t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Imagine if you could say pass when a team tried to draft you though 1 day ago
- @bookofloob I mean you’re an ahole already so like??? ❤️ 1 day ago