LONDON URBAN POETRY ARTIST ROBERT MONTGOMERY WORKS WITH TEXT IN A POST-SITUATIONIST TRADITION. SINCE 2005 HE HAS CARRIED OUT HIS WORDS IN THE CITY AT NIGHT PROJECT, INSPIRED BY THE SITUATIONIST CONCEPT OF DETOURNEMENT,WHERE HE HIJACKS ADVERTISING SPACE IN THE CITY, OFTEN ILLEGALLY. HE COVERS ILLUMINATED ADVERTISING BILLBOARDS WITH AUSTERE BLACK POSTERS WITH WHITE LETTERS: HIS TEXTS PART POETRY, PART AN ENQUIRY INTO OUR COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS, AND AN ATTEMPT TO DESCRIBE IN PUBLIC SPACE ‘WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LIVE NOW’. HIS TEXTS AND POEMS CONNECT WITH THE TRADITIONS OF CONCEPTUAL ART, CONCRETE POETRY, SITUATIONISM, AND CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS LIKE JENNY HOLZER, BUT HAVE THEIR OWN RESONANT MELANCHOLIC VOICE.
- @charlieo_conn He obviously was trying to appeal to Allison 10 hours ago
- Picture this: a draft prospect is able to hit a button if they want to attempt to pass on being picked by a team, t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Imagine if you could say pass when a team tried to draft you though 14 hours ago
- @bookofloob I mean you’re an ahole already so like??? ❤️ 14 hours ago
- @alexdubs_ A decrease in my coffee consumption would put everyone else at risk for bone fractures 18 hours ago