LONDON URBAN POETRY ARTIST ROBERT MONTGOMERY WORKS WITH TEXT IN A POST-SITUATIONIST TRADITION. SINCE 2005 HE HAS CARRIED OUT HIS WORDS IN THE CITY AT NIGHT PROJECT, INSPIRED BY THE SITUATIONIST CONCEPT OF DETOURNEMENT,WHERE HE HIJACKS ADVERTISING SPACE IN THE CITY, OFTEN ILLEGALLY. HE COVERS ILLUMINATED ADVERTISING BILLBOARDS WITH AUSTERE BLACK POSTERS WITH WHITE LETTERS: HIS TEXTS PART POETRY, PART AN ENQUIRY INTO OUR COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS, AND AN ATTEMPT TO DESCRIBE IN PUBLIC SPACE ‘WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LIVE NOW’. HIS TEXTS AND POEMS CONNECT WITH THE TRADITIONS OF CONCEPTUAL ART, CONCRETE POETRY, SITUATIONISM, AND CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS LIKE JENNY HOLZER, BUT HAVE THEIR OWN RESONANT MELANCHOLIC VOICE.
- @meowzakii Hahahaha I've overheard people asking what was in something, information for which was included in the d… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 minutes ago
- Can't keep him from his shows https://t.co/FEEFJYrPza 56 minutes ago
- I like ciders what are your favs? 1 hour ago
- @alyssakeiko Ah yes, Russia- the reason we're racist 1 hour ago
- @MikeDarnay Do u love it? 1 hour ago